CV PETER KARASZI
The Stockholm School of Economics (www.hhs.se) 1985-1989
· Graduated with a Master in Business Administration in 1989, specializing in Accounting and Finance.
· Main thesis subject: ”Can newspaper articles influence the stock prices on the Stockholm Stock Exchange?” (answer:yes).
Caprivi Public Relations Ltd. (www.karaszi.jimdo.com) 1995-
PK Förlag AB
PR Consultant and Advisor
· As an independent public relations consultant, Peter Karaszi has aided management in more than a dozen Swedish and global corporations, mainly middle-sized high-tech, clean tech and IT companies, in their marketing and PR efforts (including preperation and execution of PR plans, media seminars, crisis management, web site content and other written presentations, preparation and execution of IPO’s etc). Some of the companies include: BANQIT, Flexenclosure, Webmiles, Insite, Cornerstone, PharmaSoft, Genesys Conferencing, Marratech, M2 Engineering, op5, LAN Assistans, Munkplast, TCTech, Apica System, UDS, OxyPharma, Intergraph, ZoomOn, Appear Networks, TietoEnator, BRIO and adidas.
Prime Public Relations AB (www.primepr.se) 2001-
Member of the Board, Senior Advisor
· Senior Adviser (present) and Member of the Board (2001-2003) of Prime PR, Sweden’s largest PR agency with approx. 120 employees. As Senior Advisor, Peter Karaszi assists Prime PR’s consultants in e.g. strategies, PR tactics, idea generation and execution of PR activities. Specialities: Media Relations and Financial Communications.
Munkplast AB (www.photopearls.se) 2005-
PR Manager, Web Content Manager
· Responsible for the successful launch of Munkplast’s digital toy PhotoPearls. The campaign won the Swedish PR industry’s annual “SPINN” award for the best PR campaign in 2006. Peter Karaszi is responsible for Munkplast’s PR function and activities, and is responsible for content for the Munkplast Group’s four web sites.
StreamServe Inc. (www.streamserve.com) 1998-2000
PR Manager Europe
· Responsible for the European public relations strategies and activities of this global software company of near 300 employees, with 13 offices in Europe.
· Responsible for writing and executing two European yearly PR plans.
· Achieving massive publicity in Sweden and the rest of Europe (110 articles in Swedish media alone and 211 in total in Europe in 1999; valued at 2 MUSD), and contributing to StreamServe’s successful growth in sales, employees and market value.
· Responsible for the company’s financial communication in the IPO process in the spring of 2000.
Cyber Com Consulting Group AB (www.cybercom.se) 1997-1999
PR and Information Manager, Member of the Board
· As PR and Information Manager, 1997-1998, being responsible for the communications strategies of this listed Swedish IT consultancy company with 1,850 employees.
· Member of Central Group Management.
· As Member of the Board, 1998-1999, being responsible for planning and executing a communications strategy specifically aimed at completing a successful IPO in 1999. Implemented a profile programme that contributed to increasing the company’s market value from 280 MSEK in August ’99 to 1,790 MSEK in December ’99.
· Responsible for organizing, supervising and executing all media and PR activities during Cyber Com’s stock flotation process in 1999, obtaining enormous amounts of positive press coverage. The stock var over-subscribed 27 times and had the largest initial price rise in the history of the Stockholm Stock Exchange, from 62 SEK to 245 SEK.
PK Förlag AB (www.sverigesbastapr.se) 1990-
Author and Publisher
· Peter Karaszi has written seven books since 1990. Six books on PR, ”Använd Pressen” (“Use the Press”) in 1991, “99 sätt att få gratis publicitet” (”99 Ways to Get Free publicity”) in 1996, “Använd Media” (”Use the Media”) in 1998, “Stora PR-boken” (The Big Book on PR”) in 2004, “101 sätt att få gratis publicitet” (”101 Ways to Get Free publicity”) in 2005, and “Sveriges bästa PR” (Sweden’s best PR”) in 2009 all received excellent reviews and propelled Peter Karaszi into a near guru-like status within the Swedish Public Relations trade.
· As a publisher, Peter Karaszi has published and marketed the above mentioned books, all becoming highly regarded bestsellers in Scandinavia (more than 20,000 copies, in total).
· Peter Karaszi has himself been featured in more than 100 articles, profiles and interviews in the Nordic trade and business press since 1991.
Stock Market Columnist, Editor Market Section
· Peter Karaszi co-founded Finanstidningen, one of Sweden’s most reknowned financial daily paper, and was a business news reporter, stock market columnist, and later in charge of the paper’s market section for two years.
Dagens Nyheter (www.dn.se) 1987-1989
Stock Market Columnist, Business Reporter
· Peter Karaszi wrote in excess of 200 stock market columns during his two-year stint with Dagens Nyheter, Scandinavia’s largest morning daily.
Winner of SPINN 2006 - the Swedish PR industry's prize for the best visual solution for his work with the toy PhotoPearls.